[Dixielandjazz] Woody And Other Celebrities

DWSI at aol.com DWSI at aol.com
Wed Dec 20 03:23:52 PST 2006

Why so many (seemingly) angry comments about Woody Allen's musicianship? He
is not famous because he's a performing clarinetist. He is a celebrity who
also happens to play OKOM. Harry Truman also  just happened to play piano when
he was president, but I  never got emotionally involved his chord progressions
for the Missouri  Waltz. Shouldn't we just thank Woody for popularizing OKOM
and move  on?

The real problem is our culture celebrates celebrities. Talent is not
required in the talent industry. That's why I have more respect for  celebrity
atheletes; they usually earn their fame  through superior performance. Then we have
Brad Pitt. He basically shows  up.

Dan (backup piano) Spink