[Dixielandjazz] Woody & Persona

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 19 21:23:37 PST 2006

JBruno868 at aol.com wrote

barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> You  and I differ on the context of her post. I call it an attack. From the
> very  beginning she carped about the way he was dressed. His stage persona,
> etc.  Anyone with a  modicum of knowledge about Woody Allen should  realize
> that his normal dress is "Annie Hall" retro of about 30/40 years  ago. It is
> the "uniform with which HIS FANS identify. Same goes for his  stage persona.
> That's who the man is, and HIS FANS love it. It is a part of  an identity
> that keeps him famous. Why attack his  trademark?

> Judie Answered:

> Excuse me Steve but I never once talked about his  stage persona nor his
> cloths. I only commented on his playing and it wasn't  until the 4th or so
> post before I said he "stank". I was then trying too make a  point as you
> didn't seem to get it from the first 3 or so posts. You can re-read  my post
> if necessary.
> Jazz  Hugs
> Judie

Judie & List Mates:

I humbly apologize for the miss attribution of the persona comment. That one
was sent to me off list by another detractor of Allen's and I flat just blew
it in attributing it to Judie. I am sorry about it.

Please be assured however, that I did get your point, Judie, from the very
beginning. How could one not get your point after reading your original
post? You were quite clear in categorizing him as a rip off artist and the
worst player you ever heard in public.

Amazing how it escalated eh? Or did it?

Jazz hugs back at ya,
Steve Barbone