[Dixielandjazz] Woody's Persona

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 19 20:53:46 PST 2006

on 12/19/06 11:12 PM, JBruno868 at aol.com at JBruno868 at aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 12/19/2006 7:51:48 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

You and I differ on the context of her post. I call it an attack. From the
very beginning she carped about the way he was dressed. His stage persona,
etc. Anyone with a  modicum of knowledge about Woody Allen should realize
that his normal dress is "Annie Hall" retro of about 30/40 years ago. It is
the "uniform with which HIS FANS identify. Same goes for his stage persona.
That's who the man is, and HIS FANS love it. It is a part of an identity
that keeps him famous. Why attack his trademark?

Excuse me Steve but I never once talked about his stage persona nor his
cloths. I only commented on his playing and it wasn't until the 4th or so
post before I said he "stank". I was then trying too make a point as you
didn't seem to get it from the first 3 or so posts. You can re-read my post
if necessary.

Jazz Hugs

Judie