[Dixielandjazz] Critics was Woody

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 19 07:57:06 PST 2006

Bob Ringwald wrote:

Steve Wrote
>What I am sticking up for is the freedom of any musician to play any  music
>he/she feels like playing. And for any fan to listen to it or not listen  to
>it. And all I ask is that fans stop criticizing musicians just because they
>don't particularly like the music a  musician plays.

Bob Wrote
>So, as I understand you Steve, you are asking that musicians have the
>freedom to play whatever they want & fans have the freedom to listen to
>whatever they want but fans should not have the freedom to criticize?  Where
>does freedom start & stop?

Your understanding of what I said is not correct. The message of my view,
above and through all my posts, is that fans and/or others should have the
good sense not to attack musicians, by name, in a public forum.

Those re-reading that snip above where you quoted me will realize that I
neither said nor implied that fans/musicians don't have the freedom to do
so,  only that I "asked" them not to do it.

Of course they have the freedom to refuse my request.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone