[Dixielandjazz] Woody Allen and the audience

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Mon Dec 18 17:43:27 PST 2006

In a message dated 12/18/2006 1:37:39 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

Why  folks go to hear Woody Allen is not important. That they do show up  in
large numbers to do so IS.

And when they walk out and feel cheated? There were no  "Large Numbers" at
this concert. Maybe a little over half of the seats filled. I  left during the
4th tune and my mom the 5th. I have no idea how many might have  left after us.

Feel Good music. I love it. I love OKOM and any type  of music done well but
this was not. When you can't hear but a third of the  notes because of the
squeaks, and the notes you hear are so sharp they hurt your  ears, this is not
"Feel Good" music in anyway and when you wonder at the first  tune if he is
trying to be funny and hope that he is and that the next tune will  be better,
only it's not, there is no joy in the music at  all.

Stick up for him if you wish but I felt cheated and  very much so. I know
good music when I hear it and I didn't hear any from this  man.

Jazz Hugs

Judie