[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 48, Issue 31

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 17 16:35:18 PST 2006

on 12/17/06 5:21 PM, JBruno868 at aol.com at JBruno868 at aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 12/17/2006 1:16:31 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:
But what is to be gained by publicly denigrating the musicians who continue
to play in any jazz style, whether they be Woody Allen or Cecil Taylor?
Especially since they have audiences of people we don't know, and can't
speak for, who adore them.

I'll make you a deal Steve. I'll buy you a ticket on this tour if they come
into your area and if you like what you hear, then OK. If not, you can pay
me back.

Jazz Hugs
Judie

Good offer, but no need. I get to NYC a few times a year and even though I
am not a fan of that style, and have not heard them in about 2 years except
on TV, will go hear them there on my own. Who knows, might even get in free
since I know the guy who runs the room.

Jazz Hugs back at ya,
Steve Barbone