[Dixielandjazz] WOODY ALLEN_Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 48, Issue 30

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Sun Dec 17 10:44:20 PST 2006

In a message dated 12/17/2006 12:31:12 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
ALOHArose at aol.com writes:

They  might even have been applauded for pluck, so from the
audience I salute  Woody Allen

You can salute him all you wish but if your ears and  head hurt as much as
mine did after only a few tunes, you would think  differently I am sure.

I don't care how much effort it takes to play as he  would wish, he is not
reaching that level and to charge those prices for the  audience to be punished
like that is an insult for anyone who knows the way it  should sound. I never
heard a nice low note only squeaks and squawks. I have  listened to OKOM to
include New Orleans style for many years. I can't say it's  my favorite but any
type of OKOM, if played well is worth listening. This was  not.

For those who disagree with my assessment of this man  and his playing, I
wish you a two hour concert for Christmas and doubt you would  come away thinking
any different. I know good music, good playing and the sound  of a good note
and this man never reached any. You can give him a "Kudos'" for  trying but if
after all the years he has tried, he never reached the level of  even part
enjoyment for the audience, he has failed or is failing miserably and  at this
stage in the game, he should give up and stay at his Monday night jam  sessions
as most do who can't make it as professional musicians and  those who wish to
go to see him there, can do so but too go out on tour on his  name only he
should be ashamed.

Jazz  Hugs

Judie