[Dixielandjazz] FW: Rhythm, Is Rap jazz?

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Dec 16 12:40:01 PST 2006

Todays audiences seem to respond more to bands that are heavy on rhythm.  It
also seems to inspire dancing.
--Bob Ringwald

I prepare music in my studio for modelling shows (picture skinny girs
wiggling down the walk) on a regular basis.  I can vouch for the fact that
the main element in modern pop, rock, etc., is rhythm.  We use all the
popular recorded music of the moment for these shows.  It is extremely well
recorded (in general), and well played, and basically rhythmic instruments.
Melody is second in line of interest.  At most, a girl saying something
about "shaking her booty", etc., is added in for whatever reason.   :>

Jim