[Dixielandjazz] Sac Jazz Jubilee Flyer

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Fri Dec 15 10:45:12 PST 2006

The promo flyer for the Sacramento Jazz Jubilee, May 25-28, 2007
available through Bob Ringwald has just about everything you would need
to know about the Jubilee and is very well done. Graphics etc.

However, in the version I have received there are a couple omissions
that may have been caused by a variety of factors. From what I have
heard the following "All Star" musicians should be added. Bob can
correct me if I am in error. They were probably listed in the roster he
posted on the DJML the other day, but do not appear in the flyer. If you
pass the flyer on to others, as I am sure they hope you will, please
note these. They are some of my favorite musicians.  Perhaps yours.

Under Featured performers:  For the Emperors Jazz Band add Johnny Varro,
a former Emperor of course. The rest of the roster, Tom or Tommy
Saunders (Not to be confused with his nephew from N.O., Tom Saunders),
Howard Alden, Jim Galloway, Chuck Hedges, Jake Hanna, Bill Allred,
Pat Yankee and George Probert. The excellent bass player, Paul Keller,
is added. So far there are no bass playing Emperors available.

Vince Bartels' Migrant Jazz Workers with John Cocuzzi, under the same
heading, contains Dan Barrett, on cornet this time in addition to
playing trombone with BED, Allan Vache, Russ Philips, Eddie Higgins,
Jennifer Lietham, and of course Vince Bartels on drums, as good a group
as you will find at any festival. Look them up. This group was probably
listed on Bob's last posting, but perhaps without the detail on Dan?

I am not a member of the "Sac Volunteers" producing the flyer and I hope
I am not stepping on too many toes in posting the above! I feel this
information might influence at least a couple DJML members to attend.
It will influence me, even if I do not do volunteer work this year.

For Trad fans, it is still trad heaven.

Mad Dawg