[Dixielandjazz] The Birth Of Jazz:Reviving The Music of the Bolden Era

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Fri Dec 15 10:05:34 PST 2006

I have two of Dan's books, EXPLORING EARLY JAZZ and THE ANCESTRY OF
JAZZ. I recommend them to those who want to consider the often
neglected sources of early jazz, as well as the more commonly cited
ones. The books are broad in range and meticulous in detail, and along
the way Dan takes some controversial stands. I'm looking forward to the
new book.

Charlie Suhor