[Dixielandjazz] The Birth Of Jazz:Reviving The Music of the Bolden Era

D and R Hardie darnhard at ozemail.com.au
Thu Dec 14 21:29:07 PST 2006

Hello everybody,
                            This is a prepublication advice  to the DJML
about my new book that is in the hands of the publishers and should be
out early in the New Year. It focusses on the events surrounding the
invention of jazz, the musicians involved in its creation, its
audience, repertoire and heritage. It also details our search for the
music and the formation of our repertory orchestra dedicated to
performing Elemental Jazz with authentic instruments and contemporary
performance practices.
I will be putting a page on the Early Jazz  History website as soon as
the book is available.
In the meantime have a Happy Xmas.
Dan Hardie
Website: