[Dixielandjazz] Davern on Riverwalk

Don Mopsick mophandl at landing.com
Thu Dec 14 09:57:07 PST 2006

We recorded Kenny Davern last year for Riverwalk and broadcast 3 shows
resulting from the session. One of them, "Bluin' the Blues: The Jim
Cullum Jazz Band with Kenny Davern" is the first scheduled show for
January.

"Digga Digga Doo" is from that session.

You can of course sign up at our website www.riverwalkjazz.org
<http://www.riverwalkjazz.org/>  and listen to the current week's show
anytime you wish.

On a personal note, Kenny was always very nice to me, his recommendation
was partially responsible for my being hired by Jim Cullum in 1991.
During our recording session last year we had a lot of laughs. Because
he was raised by his grandma, he knew some Yiddish and we would share
some of our favorite aphorisms. I first met him when I played behind him
for a concert for the Jazz Club of Sarasota in the 1980s.

Working behind Kenny was truly awe-inspiring. Will miss him terribly.
That sound alone was enough to give one goose bumps.

mopo

Don Mopsick, Riverwalk Webmaster