[Dixielandjazz] Verse to ' My Baby Just Cares for Me '

d. sleeman d.sleeman at hccnet.nl
Tue Dec 12 13:53:02 PST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: <rorel at aol.com>
To: <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 12:59 AM
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Verses to Never Swat a Fly & My Baby Just Cares forMe

>  A time-consuming search of various internet sites looking for the verses to "Never Swat a Fly" and "My Baby Just Cares For Me" has been unsuccessful. If someone out there could jot them down and send them along to me off-list (or on) I'd be very grateful. I am not surprised that I could not find "Never Swat a Fly's" verse but "My Baby Just Cares For Me"? I'd have thought it would have been out there SOMEWHERE.
>  Ray Osnato

Here is the latter one:

**********************************
I'm so happy since the day
I fell in love in a great big way
And the big surprise is someone loves me too

Guess it's hard for you to see
What anybody can see in me
But it simply goes to prove what love can do

The lead sheet I have states: "Written for Eddie Cantor to perform in the 1930 film version of "Whoopee", which musical propelled Cantor into movie stardom. Recorded by the Hi-Lo's".

Anybody who'll like to have the melody as well, contact me off list. I will scan it, prepare a .pdf file and/or make a Band-in-a-Box file, but to do this I'm going to need some time :-)

Regards,

Dick Sleeman, Lelystad, Holland. <d.sleeman at hccnet.nl>

"...Of all the musical instruments in use today, the trombone is one of,
 if not THE most difficult of instruments. I know, 'cause I have one..."

  (Dewsnap in "THE TROMBONE", December 10, 2002)