[Dixielandjazz] Verses to Never Swat a Fly & My Baby Just Cares forMe

Phil O'Rourke philor at webone.com.au
Mon Dec 11 20:12:21 PST 2006

>From Google

Phil O'Rourke
Australia

NEVER SWAT A FLY
>From the film "Just Imagine" (1930)
(Ray Henderson / Lew Brown / Buddy G. DeSylva)

Abe Lyman & His California Orch. (vocal: Ed Landry) - 1930

Never swat a fly
He may love another fly
He may sit with her and sigh
The way I do with you

Never harm a flea
He may have a favourite she
That he bounces on his knee
The way I do with you

Never stop a moth
If he is gliding through the air
He may have a date
In someone's flannel underwear
Ah-ha, be careful!

Never spray a nit
With a great big can of Blitz
He may think some nit
Has it the way I do with you

MY BABY JUST CARES FOR ME
(Walter Donaldson / Gus Kahn)

As sung by nat king cole

My baby dont care for shows, my baby dont care for clothes,
My baby just cares for me.
My baby dont care for furs and laces,
My baby dont care for high-toned places,
My baby dont care for rings or other expensive things,
Shes sensible as can be.
My baby dont care who knows it,
My baby just cares for me.

(instrumental interlude)

My babys no crosby fan, dick tracy is not her man,
My baby just cares for me.
My baby dont care for mr. tibbits,
Shed rather have me around to kibbitz.
Roy rogers is not her style, and even clark gables smile
Is something that she cant see.
(oh, you lucky so-and-so)
I wonder whats wrong with baby,
My baby just cares for me.

>  A time-consuming search of various internet sites looking for the verses
to "Never Swat a Fly" and "My Baby Just Cares For Me" has been unsuccessful.
If someone out there could jot them down and send them along to me off-list
(or on) I'd be very grateful. I am not surprised that I could not find
"Never Swat a Fly's" verse but "My Baby Just Cares For Me"? I'd have thought
it would have been out there SOMEWHERE.