[Dixielandjazz] Video transfers for editing old VHS

Max Hughes maxuuu at connexus.net.au
Sat Dec 9 16:05:29 PST 2006

>>Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 17:58:45 -0800
>>From: Nancy Giffin <NANCYink at surewest.net>
>>
>>Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Video transfers for editing old VHS
>>
>>Thanks for the off-list suggestions, however it's not so simple as getting a
>>DVD/VHS machine. Those DVDs cannot be EDITED.
>>I'm looking for someone with some high-tech knowledge of how to get from a
>>VHS to a DATA file that can be edited in iMovie. The files would need to be
>>on a CD, not a DVD (which can only be viewed but not edited).
>>
>>Trying again...
>>
>>Nancy Giffin wrote:
>>

>>> Perhaps this has been covered many times, but can any video experts out
>>> there please direct me to info on how to transfer old VHS tapes to data
>>>

>> > files on a CD that can be edited in iMovie or other similar application?

G'day Nancy,
I am not familiar with iMovie, but I use Magix Movies on CD and DVD 2004.

It really is simple: just connect the VHS player to the input jacks of
your computer, and Magix records and converts the signals received to
digital.  It then allows you to edit, enhance and burn the results as
either CD or DVD.

Good Luck
Max Hughes,
Melbourne