[Dixielandjazz] Tune "Radio"

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 2 09:56:05 PST 2006

Hi Charlene and all,

Regarding that song your mother used to sing - I believe the name of the
song is "Never Swat a Fly" and, if you would like, I can email you with an
mp3 of the song attached.

The words sort of go like this in part . . .

Never swat a fly
He may love another fly
He may sit with her and sigh the way I do, with you
Never harm a flea
He may have a favourite she
That he bounces on his knee the way I do, with you
Never stop a bee if he is going anywhere
You may be concluding some terrific love affair.
Be careful!
Don’t step on an ant
In the middle of a pant
He may want to but he can’t the way I do, with you

Cheers,

Bill "Thimbles" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com