[Dixielandjazz] John Petters new CD track on BBC download

John Petters jdpetters at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 31 05:43:08 PDT 2006

Dear Listmates,

Our new Simply Sinatra CD (Nick Dawson with John Petters Swing Band  -
Rose Records RRCD1034) got its first spin on the wireless on Saturday,
on Paul Barnes’ record breaking BBC show ‘Gold For Grown-ups’.

Record breaking, I hear you ask?

Banish visions of Barnesey sitting in the BBC Norfolk studios smashing
piles of valuable shellac – the record to which I refer is the ‘Listen
Again’ facility on the internet. Paul’s excellent production is the most
downloaded show on the BBC Radio Norfolk website.

It would be nice if the BBC Suits at Broadcasting House sat up and took
notice by offering him a show on BBC Radio Two, replacing some of the
inane drivel and musical fluff that is currently presented on network
radio.

Gold for Grown-ups offers three hours of music that matters. This week’s
show included Jack Teagarden, Lester Young, Fats Waller, Dinah
Washington, Little Jimmy Rushing and much more.

Please e-mail Paul at paul.barnes at bbc.co.uk and the BBC at
norfolk at bbc.co.uk
and let them know you are listening.

To hear the programme go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/norfolk.shtml

For the curious, Paul selected ‘Too Marvellous for Words’ from our
Sinatra CD, which features clarinettist Mark Crooks. If you have time,
listen to the whole show, otherwise you will find us about 2 hours into
the programme. The CD is being pressed and is due for release on 13th
September. It will be on our website as soon as copies arrive.

Keep swinging

--
John Petters
www.traditional-jazz.com