[Dixielandjazz] student flute

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Wed Aug 30 03:15:11 PDT 2006

Hi all,

My 9 year old daughter has decided to take up the flute.  Although, she
does enjoy classical music, she is quite turned on by the flute in latin
music.  Plus, I have played her some Jethro Tull with Ian Anderson which
she quite enjoys.  Trad jazz may not be her principle interest at the
moment, but I am for her learning music whatever the genre.

Anyway, I am a brass man and know very little of flutes.  Can someone
recommend to me a good student model flute at a reasonable price.
Someone suggested the Armstrong 101 or 102 which I find on eBay for
around $75, but my fixit guy says he doesn't like Armstrong at all.
Alas, I don't know what to get.

Please respond off list.

Does anyone have a flute for sale?

Thanks to all, Gary