[Dixielandjazz] Re: Swingin' On Nothin'

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Aug 26 14:45:58 PDT 2006

Dear Ed,
Further to my reply yesterday, I can confirm the following regarding the
song "Swingin' on Nothin'":
The other vocalist with Velma Middleton on the Louis Armsrong 'soundie' was
tbnist George Washington from Louis' Orch. The short film was made on 20
April 1942 (my 9th birthday).
The music has been issued on LP and is also on a Swedish CD (Ambassador CLA
1908).
Gary Kiser's suggestion that the co-composer of the song with Sy Oliver was
BILLY Moore was indeed correct. (Go to the head of the class Gary!) This was
confirmed on the Jo Stafford LP album 'Joyful Season'.
Back to lurk mode for a few more days as I'm still moving books and files
back into the 'office'.
Kind regards,
Bill.