[Dixielandjazz] New York Advice, Please

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sat Aug 26 13:00:01 PDT 2006

Pam munter writes:

  > I'll be in NYC from Sept 10-15 and I'd sure like to find some OKOM.
> In the past the Cajun has featured Dixieland, but I understand it's
> closing.  Does anyone have info about who's playing where?
(snip)

 yes, according to Jon-Erik Kellso, The Cajun closed the end of July.  What
a loss to the Jazz musicians & fans of NY.

This is probably your last chance to see the legendary guitarist Les Paul as
he is 91 years old.  He appears every Monday at the Iridium.

Don't miss the Nighthawks if they are appearing anywhere.

See the Louis Armstrong Centennial JB at Birdland.  I think they are there
Wed nights now, like 5:30 to 7:30 PM.  But call the place to confirm.

To find out where some music is happening, drop a note to Dan Levinson
DanLevinson at aol.com

Jon-Erik Kellso jonnygig at optonline.net

Vince Giordano Nighthawks vgiordano at worldnet.att.net

The Woody Allen band will be starting back at their gig in Sept after the
summer vacation.  Can't remember the name of the place.  They are there
Monday nights but it is very, very expensive.  Like maybe $75 cover & $50
two drink minimum.

You can google these guys & get their web sites for more info.

HTH

--Bob Ringwald