[Dixielandjazz] Taste in Jazz - Was Reinhart CD

Cees van den Heuvel heu at bart.nl
Sun Aug 20 15:27:34 PDT 2006

O.K. Apology not needed, just a mistake that I wanted to correct.
Things are getting better, I just got a glimpse
at the new Down Beat Polls, not that they are the holy word, but you'll
see that European and worldwide jazz is entering the polls and creeping up
to the top of the list.....
Who inventend jazz? It's a matter of definition. Where do you start?
At the Dutch conservatories they think it all started with Parker. It took
a clinic by Wynton Marsalis to change their views.....a little.
The main thing: respect on an equal basis and spreading the gospel
together....hallelujah! :) I can walk again!........they stole my bike!

Cees van den Heuvel
http://www.revivaljassband.nl