[Dixielandjazz] Taste in Jazz - Was Reinhart CD

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 20 15:08:53 PDT 2006

on 8/20/06 3:48 PM, Cees van den Heuvel at heu at bart.nl wrote:

>> That really sparked an earlier beef about critics, which was reinforced by
>> the critical review of Reinhart's CD that Cees posted by way of example.
>
> Please get your facts right. That was'nt me!
> I love Randy's CD, and hate critics who
> don't get the point.
>
> Cees

Oops, excuse me. I got everything right but the name of the gentleman who
posted it. Sorry, Cees, please accept my apology. BTW the poster also
disagreed with the review. He stated that he liked the CD very much,
especially Yellow Dog Blues. He posted the review as an example of how some
folks (other than him) viewed the CD.

I did not intend to imply that you didn't like the CD. You made it quite
clear that you like to play "Chicago" style, liked the CD, and dislike
critics who don't get the point, in your previous posts.

So you, me and Gerard Bielderman who posted the review all seem to agree
about Randy's CD. Probably also agree about critics who don't get the point,
though I can't speak for Gerard.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone