[Dixielandjazz] vocalist joke

Jerry Gordon jerrygordon at juno.com
Fri Aug 18 12:34:32 PDT 2006

A pianist and singer are rehearsing "Autumn Leaves" for a concert and the
pianist says: "OK. We will start in G minor and then on the third bar,
modulate to B major and go into 5/4. When you get to the bridge, modulate
back down to F# minor and alternate a 4/4 bar with a 7/4 bar. On the last
A section go into double time and slowly modulate back to G minor."

The singer says: "Wow, I don't think I can remember all of that."

The pianist says: "Well, that's what you did last time."

Jerry "Where does the washboar fit in?" Gordon, Troy, NY
Webmaster for http://APlaceForJazz.org