[Dixielandjazz] Communication

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Fri Aug 18 09:33:21 PDT 2006

It is a bit off topic to bring pit band music into the discussion I
think.   It seems to me that the whole performance, band music, singing,
dancing and lines are intended to be exactly the same in every
performance.   Is it not correct that the performers need the music to
be exactly the same for reasons of timing, cues, distance they have to
move during a dance or while speaking etc.?

I'm not inclined to see modern musicals and don't really have the
resources or choose to spend my money to see them, however, I can't
agree more about canned music in a live performance.  I think it was a
combination of live and recorded music that accompanied the performance
of Circe De Soleil that saw several years ago.  I felt cheated by this.

Ron L