[Dixielandjazz] opening a can of worms

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Fri Aug 18 04:12:10 PDT 2006

Cees, Pat is correct.  You shouldn't believe Lord Guntershmere as far as
you can throw him.  Look, he plays the washboard; how could he be serious??

But, Pat, I must correct you, Mitterand couldn't be put in jail because
he has been dead for 10 years.  Plus, he wasn't that bad a president
aside from playing the accordion.  It was his son, Jean-Christophe, that
got into hot water for illegally selling arms (American & Russian made)
to african countries.

I just got back from a string of gigs to find a slew of DJML posts
concerning jazz and jazz musicians in European.  I have a couple of
centimes worth of thought to offer on this topic.  I will do so after I
skim through a couple more posts.  But, I will leave you with this claim
: I am the best tuba player born in California now living on rue de la
Michodière in Clermont-Ferrand.

All the best, Gary