[Dixielandjazz] audience??

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu Aug 17 21:50:40 PDT 2006

(Polite snip)

  "Ok, we'll play one for the folks who don't really know what 'jazz' is
and who think once you've heard 'When The Saints Go Marching In' you've
heard it all' and then we'll play one for the people who really know
and appreciate what jazz is all about . . . namely ourselves!"

No Bill that's playing one for Happily ever after Married couples who
perhaps never understood that Jazz was pretty much formulated and
created in an atmosphere of and maybe even buy and for sex, drugs,
alcohol and dancing women, and "Experimentation"   They have heard
Saints and they like it and that's all the jazz some of them need to
know.

They also got married and had Sex for the first time, liked it and
determined that they now were sexy and experienced lovers.

Different strokes for different folks,  Hope the Hell I don't have one
any time soon. :))

   And truthfully there are a lot more of them in most audiences than
those who really understand, appreciate and give a hoot about what we
are playing.   Hence the phrase many artists use ,
"The more you folks drink the better we sound"   But I have seen the
situation reversed too. :))   The more some bands drink the better they
sound, or at least think they sound :))

  The musician playing is the ultimate audience. If the musicians are
playing jazz and there's nobody else there to hear it, so what! You're
playing jazz and that's good enough for you!!!

 Respectfully submitted,

 Bill "What the hell was THAT?" Gunter
 jazzboard at hotmail.com

Bolderdash, that's the equivelent of making love by your self :))   But
then again there are many musicians who do just that, even with an
audience present.  :))   But certainly not Washboardist, at least none
that I have heard. :))

Cheers,

Old Mr Foolishiness  Wiggins

As the strains of Kenny G & Louis playing WWW live, together ooze form
the radio behind me on the Smooth Jazz Station.  Wow Louis sounds just
like he did on his original recording  imagine that.