[Dixielandjazz] audience??

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 17 15:45:34 PDT 2006

Yeah, I know, Elazar, it's a shame . . . perhaps we could get a government
grant for groups of musicians just to get together and play.

I have, however, heard of "rehearsal bands" . . . groups of musicians that
get together and play just for the joy of it.

Such bands exist even in the "classier" environs of classical musicians. I
know of a couple of string quartets who get together regularly at one
another's homes simply to play for the joy of it.

Sort of like painters, sculptors and othe graphic artists who will do their
thing whether any buys their artistic output or not.

I keep reflecting on the word "amateur" and perhaps we all could talk about
the quality of music produced by "amateurs" . . . is it "jazz."

Warmest regards to all,

Bill "who brought the beer" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com