[Dixielandjazz] Communication in jazz

Robert Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Thu Aug 17 12:35:52 PDT 2006

Hello Pat,

Thanks for your reply. I think the story was written before nubile young
ladies began to appear in true science-fiction.

I'll do some Googling on the two sources you name. I must admit to a liking
for the type of science-fiction where space ships and super computers are
involved, especially when there's a twist in the tail. One of my favourites
is the two-page story by Arthur C. Clarke entitled "Neutron Tide" where they
lose the space ship "Flatbush" when it goes too near a neutron star, and all
they ever found was one star-mangled spanner!

Cheers

Bob