[Dixielandjazz] audience??

Cebuisle2 at aol.com Cebuisle2 at aol.com
Thu Aug 17 06:41:31 PDT 2006

I would strongly disagree with Cees regarding the need for an audience for
jazz performance.
One of my best memories was of the Tuesday nite jam sessions in the back
room of a barbershop in Bangor, Maine. I drove icy roads for fifty miles to get
there! The locals would drift in and out all night, There were only two rules-
 No women (sorry female listmates-these were not politically correct times)
and  no booze. But you could have a few before getting there-or sneak back out
to  your car-

How about the loft cutting sessions in NYC that Steve attended? No good  jazz
there?? Probably the best jazz that was never recorded.

         Ted