[Dixielandjazz] Closing the lid a little

Edgerton, Paul A paul.edgerton at eds.com
Wed Aug 16 14:46:01 PDT 2006

Cees wrote:
> We, Europeans and the rest of the world :), embraced the American
> heritage and took it to another level.

Embrace and extend... Do you work for Microsoft?

Given that the party-line history of jazz holds that jazz is the product
of crossing European melody and harmony with African rhythm and
vocalization, would it be unreasonable to assert that Europeans are
simply returning the compliment?

Consider this my entry into the jazz definition contest.

-- Paul Edgerton