[Dixielandjazz] opening a can of worms

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed Aug 16 12:14:50 PDT 2006

Was the band called "Jazz - No Problem?"  I heard them playing on one
of the major bridges in Prague when I was on tour in 1996 - not bad,
for a "street band."

One thing I have said before on this list - there are a lot of
"younger" bands in Europe that are not afraid of early jazz - they
work it into many new directions and have a lot of fun with it. I
don't know how successful they all are, and the results are often
nowhere near what we all call OKOM, but I like it!

Dave Richoux