[Dixielandjazz] cutting contest?

acjspres at aol.com acjspres at aol.com
Wed Aug 16 09:10:57 PDT 2006

On Oct 22 at the San Marcos Resort in Chandler, Arizona we will have a
battle of the bands. The best dixieland band from Tucson (The Original Wildcat
Jass Band) and the best dixieland band in Phoenix (the 52nd Street Jazz Band)
will have a go at each other. Both bands will be set up on stage and will
alternate playing tunes trying to outdo one another. It should be a blast from  the
past. The Lindy Hoppers are excited about it as are the members of the AZ
Classic Jazz Society.

Join us, this may become a major annual event for our jazz society.

"We are  confronted with insurmountable opportunities"....Pogo

Joe Hopkins
AZ  Classic Jazz Society Vice-President
Jazz Clarinet...52nd Street Jazz Band  602-810-5888 or 480-396-6798
_www.azclassicjazz.org_ (http://www.azaclassicjazz.org/)