[Dixielandjazz] Letter to the Editor

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Tue Aug 15 07:18:28 PDT 2006

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis wrote:

> One of the toughest things is the person who doesn't "look" handicapped.

Amen!!  I am 1m90 (6'2") with a reasonably strong build (although
through time, I'm turning into a pear with legs).  At train station or
the like, I need to ask someone to help me read the departure/arrival
board.  When I introduce myself as visually impaired, I am greeted with
disbelief and five minutes of questions.  By then, I have missed my train.

Ever since my eldest daughter has been able to read, travel has been
greatly simplified (as long as I voyage with her).

All the best, Gary