[Dixielandjazz] What a Wonderful World

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 14 13:31:44 PDT 2006

I respectfully disagree. IMO, any song you can name, can be played as jazz
by competent jazz musicians.>>

Yes Steve, I wouldn`t disagree with that. But Satchmo`s recording, however
wide you cast your definition is not `traditional jazz` which was my point.

We do "Music of Louis Armstrong" programs constantly and the two most
requested songs are WWW and Hello Dolly. Not Jazz???? Don't tell Pops that
when you meet him in the next world.>>

I am afraid that the fact that it is most requested almost guarantees that
it isn`t jazz. If they were jazzmen requesting stuff it would probably be
Struttin with some BBQ or Do you know what it means, or Georgia or Chimes
Blues.

"Jazz", Pop's definition: "Jazz is what I play for a living." That would
include WWW.>>

You are arguing that everything Pops played in his life MUST be jazz because
he was a superb jazzman. Plain just don`t agree.

Meeting  Louis in the next world?  I am backing him on the drums....after
that we will talk.

Cheers

Pat