[Dixielandjazz] Smooth Jazz, likes and dislikes

Hal Vickery hvickery at svs.com
Mon Aug 14 08:58:14 PDT 2006

I mentioned this off list but I probably should say it here since I often
come off as putting down Kenny G.  I can't stand his music.  But different
people have different tastes.  My only gripe is with the marketers who call
this stuff "jazz."  I, as a consumer, wouldn't, and there are numerous
musicians who feel the same way, including Mr. Gorlick apparently.

I would hope that during this entire discussion that it is unsaid but
understood by all, that opinions expressed here are our own and not to be
construed as something we'd like to shove down anyone else's throats.

Hal Vickery