[Dixielandjazz] What a Wonderful World

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 14 08:02:51 PDT 2006

"pat ladd" <pj.ladd at btinternet.com> wrote (polite snip)

> Wow, playing WWW, I dont care  by who,  will not spread Traditional Jazz one
> iota. Its a `sort of alright` little tune but it has as much relationship to
> Jazz, of any sort, as my little finger has to Cleopatra`s Needle.

Hi Pat:

I respectfully disagree. IMO, any song you can name, can be played as jazz
by competent jazz musicians.

We do "Music of Louis Armstrong" programs constantly and the two most
requested songs are WWW and Hello Dolly. Not Jazz???? Don't tell Pops that
when you meet him in the next world.

"Jazz", Pop's definition: "Jazz is what I play for a living." That would
include WWW.

Cheers,
Steve