[Dixielandjazz] Listening to Smooth Jazz

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Fri Aug 11 12:20:57 PDT 2006

Someone in another post talked about looking for phrases and other elements
of music.  This is what I call circle music.  It has no beginning and no end
and just sort of pets us like a dog without any real point.

I have listened to KG and I have a pretty good musical memory for tunes and
I can't remember anything of his.  KG may be getting rich and more power to
him.  He plays pretty well in tune, seems to keep good time, has a nice tone
and uses many of the same notes that we use and people like him.  Is it
jazz? Personally I don't think so   I think it as a kind of advanced
elevator music.  Come to think of it that's the last place I heard him.
Larry
St. Louis