[Dixielandjazz] Re: Elevator music - Jazz?

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Fri Aug 11 11:37:27 PDT 2006

Wait a minute I'm the older generation.  I think that the "older generation"
has found enjoyment in certain things such as Mozart or art or almost
anything.  They think that this pastime or skill was fun, valuable or
interesting to them and they want to pass it on to the younger generation.
This is the job of parents and us old guys.  Not only is it our obligation
but we want to do it.  For example I still teach at a high school several
hours a week as an assistant Band Director.  It's my 45th year teaching
kids.  I still do it because I want to pass on what I have and has nothing
to do with the money.  Unfortunately because we are "older" we aren't paid
attention to as well as we would like and new things tend to be a challenge
to us.  This leads to a lot of frustration and discouragement on older
persons, and I might include parents in this, part.

I think we want to pass on what we value and a lot of times its pearls
before swine.
Larry
St. Louis