[Dixielandjazz] Bix's influence on other players continued.

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Thu Aug 10 18:50:27 PDT 2006

I read the two responses so far on my query. At the time I wondered if
it was a legit question for that audience member to ask, but unlike Bob
Ringwald I had not connected the discussion I had heard about his PIANO
music and harmonies to this question.  They did expound on that, and it
would be more likely, since the other writer mentioned that Miles had
been exposed to Ellington and Tatum. He might indeed have heard Bix's
piano numbers on recordings.

Perhaps the question was not as "far out" as I originally thought!  I
had to leave before that "give and take" was finished so I suspect now
that someone did bring that up.  If they did not, they should have.  I
guess Bob should have been on the panel also!

One never knows do one?

Mad Dawg