[Dixielandjazz] Chris Botti

David Livingston snargi01 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 10:00:29 PDT 2006

In my opinion, Chris Botti is the Kenny G of jazz trumpet. Like Kenny G, he is a very talented individual, but has sold his soul for the "long green," to  use Steve's term. For me, a concert Botti played in would be a sleepfest.

Dave "Semi-soft Jazz" Livingston
Dixieland Gumbo Radio
http://www.dixielandgumbo.com/

Steve Barbone <barbonestreet at earthlink.net> wrote:
Chris Botti (in my opinion and that of several of my trumpet playing
friends) is also a musician of exceptional ability. Beautiful tone and
command of the horn. He can play exciting jazz as well as most players today
but has become a smoother, probably to make long green.

That being said, he has a very laid back style, slow, soft, smooth jazz. It
may or may not be to your liking. But, what the hell, if he is in  your
neighborhood, Pleasanton or Walnut Creek, why not go see for yourself?

BTW, great music to make love by when the lights are low, you've shared a
bottle of California Cabernet and your companion has dreamy eyes.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone