[Dixielandjazz] Strange Gig

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sun Aug 6 15:12:33 PDT 2006

Jack,

 From your description they should have been very happy with the
music!  Wedding bands from parts of India sound like that ;-0

There are several CDs of Indian brass bands - "Wedding Bands From
Rajasthan" is a bit more traditional, "Disco Bhangra" is a bit more
modern  with "Boom Box" DJs (heavily amplified.)

An interesting article on the subject:
http://indiacurrents.com/news/view_article.html?
article_id=0678e4413ef7377f950743b1458dc4cc
http://tinyurl.com/pnya2

  (there is a really cheezy guitar & vocals version:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xob1WJOa5Js&mode=related&search=bollywood%
20disco%20dancer
http://tinyurl.com/ng33g

Dave Richoux