[Dixielandjazz] Unusual Gigs

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sat Aug 5 17:32:22 PDT 2006

As some of you may know, I am in several very unusual bands in the
San Francisco Bay Area, so unusual gigs are commonplace to me!

A few REALLY strange gigs I have done:

Celebration of the "Birthplace of the Martini" (claimed) at a bar in
Martinez, CA
John Anderson Presidential Campaign "Whistle Stop" (with Actual Steam
Train!) in Palo Alto
"Death of a Corporation Name" Funeral with New Orleans Brass Band
(also in Palo Alto)
several fundraiser gigs for the Lupine Lodge (Naturalist) with the B
Natural Jazz Band (uniform is a bow-tie, only)
"World Eb Hum" with 24 hours of continuous musical sounds played
around the world (centered on the E Flat pitch)

I could go further but some (many) of you would probably not believe
me...

Dave Richoux