[Dixielandjazz] Wedding Gig Stories

Tom Duncan tduncan at bellatlantic.net
Fri Aug 4 11:46:39 PDT 2006

Thanks for the info, Steve . . .

::snip::
Given the funny gig stories, list mates who have had funny wedding gigs
might be interested in entering the below contest.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Dear Steve Barbone,

We are excited to announce our Wedding Story Contest.  As a vendor in the
party and wedding industry, you probably know better wedding stories than
anyone, so we wanted to invite you to send in your most interesting wedding
story, and be enrolled in our contest for a chance to win a vacation for
two.

Also, if you know any brides or grooms with an interesting story, tell them
to submit it to the contest.  Our vacation might just be the honeymoon of
their dreams.

For more info, please see http://www.partypop.com/Weddings/Stories/

I submitted my wedding story . . .

My band was hired to play for a "golden age" wedding. The couple had
reconnected at their 50th high school reunion party. She had been divorced
and out of this area for some time and he had been widowed after a long
marriage. Each of them had adult children and family and friends were
invited from near and far.

As the day approached, I received some bad vibrations from the bride . . .
"maybe this won't come off." But, we showed up on the day and were told that
the party was still on, but the wedding wasn't. The groom could not go
through with the wedding but the hall was hired, the band was ready, and
everyone was there; so, the party proceeded.

Everyone seemed to adjust well and all were civil to each other. We got paid
and wished them well and, to this day, I don't know if they ever managed to
warm up the groom's feet.

Tom Duncan
201-836-6076
www.doctordubious.com