[Dixielandjazz] Letter

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sun Apr 30 01:37:51 PDT 2006

Years ago, a  letter goes around addressed to
'The World's Greatest Drummer'.
Gene Krupa gets it, but says: "That's not for me. I'm not the world's
greatest drummer."
Then Louis Bellson gets it - then Joe Morello, Elvin Jones, Stan Levey,
Shelley Manne, Max Roach, George Wettling, BabyDodds, Jo Jones,
Sonny Greer, Art Blakey, Tony Williams.....and on and on it goes.
It gets knocked back by all of them for the same reason.
When it gets to Buddy Rich, he says: "That's for me!"
He opens it up and it begins: "Dear Ringo......."

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
The Fulton Street Jazz Band
The Boondockers (Jazz and Comedy)

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it,
but only you can feel the true warmth.