[Dixielandjazz] Re: Pizza Parlours

Ivor Jones banjones at sapo.pt
Sat Apr 29 02:08:34 PDT 2006

Thanks for allo your responcies with my especial thanks to R.R for the
history lesson about Pizza Parlours, I found it very interesting. Shaky must
have been some character. Regarding the 'home base', we found the same
thing. We played in local hotel for two years for little money polishing our
performance and basically rehearsing, although paying respect to the
customers. Now we have almost too much work, with weekly residencies at
three of the top hotels and resorts in the Algarve, the best known holiday
resort in Portugal. They are all weekday gigs, leaving the weekends for
concerts and special events, private parties all seem to come on Saturdays
or Sundays as well..The trouble is that I was born in the year that Wall
Street crashed, and I don't know I will stand up to all the playing and
travelling.

Ivor