[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Band at the Indianapolis 500 Parade.

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Thu Apr 27 05:36:07 PDT 2006

I, personally, am not too interested in car racing.  I prefer more
'human' sports.  But, it is crazy how many people go for the speed and
exhaust.

A couple of years ago, we played a festival in Szeged, Hungary which
took place the same weekend as the Budapest Grand Prix.  We changed
planes in Paris and caught a direct flight to Budapest.  I'd say that
easily 90% of the passengers on the jumbo jet were going to the Grand
Prix.  There were probably 10 nationalities on the plane too.

It was a true party in the air and word got out that there was a jazz
band on board.  I can't tell you how many people asked me which racing
team we were with.

All the best, Gary