[Dixielandjazz] Bix Fest on the docket

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Mon Apr 24 21:35:55 PDT 2006

Since the Boondockers are not returning to Logan, Ohio this year for the
washboard festival, Jean  and I have decided to brave the swelter and
heat of Davenport and go to the Bix Festival. That means t hat perhaps
we can run into some of the DJML/OKOM gang there. We will be staying
with some freinds abotu 40 mkile away in Illinois, so we need to figure
out a place to meet. If the bar in the Blackhawk still has its afternoon
double bubble and freelunch counter from 4-6 it might make a good
gathering place between the morning  and evening sets in the Park.
Anyway, perhaps we will see some of you  there to put faces w ith the
names. I look forward to heairng Metz el al with the Bob Cats, and
meeting some of the OZians to be there t his year.
Things today turned green and leafed here in North Michigan -- and so we
are to get some snow tonight. Go figure. I will be off to fish camp to
catch the pretty trout this weekend.
Don Ingle