[Dixielandjazz] Photoscore

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sun Apr 23 16:59:48 PDT 2006

I have tried using the Musitek "SmartScore Lite" that came with
Finale - I got it do work pretty well once in about 15 attempts. If
you have a program like Photoshop to quickly convert a scanned image
to pure bitmap black and white - no greyscale - it works a bit
better. It has a real problem with converting piano scores, takes the
treble and bass clef lines and forces them into something really weird!

With these results I am not sure I would buy the upgrade to full
SmartScore - seems like a real gamble.

Dave Richoux