[Dixielandjazz] American Idol - Redux

Stephen Heist steveheist at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 20 05:55:18 PDT 2006

Hi, all...
Well, the show was very interesting this week - they all were required to
do standards!  The problem is when they let the viewers select the winners
and losers.  A girl named Pickler completely blew her song, wound up on the
wrong beat, etc. and yet still made the cut, while a guy named Ace who sang
"That's All" and did a splendid job, was cut!  It gets down to being more
of a popularity contest, than a measure of talent and vocal ability.  I
think even the judges were stunned.
All the Best,
Steve Heist
Pointe-des-Cascades, Quebec, Canada
(450) 424-7268

You can NOW visit my NEW website and check my schedule at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~steveheist/
Drop on by today!

<dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
> Date: 4/20/2006 8:04:26 AM
> Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] American Idol - Redux
>
> I've never watched "idol".   I have no plans to watch it.  Nowadays, it's
the singers who are the "idols', and what they're doing is not what I would
call singing.  I remember when the band leader's name was on the record
label in large print, and all the sidemen's names in smaller print.  The
singer's name was also in very small print, if it was mentioned at all.