[Dixielandjazz] gig pay

acjspres at aol.com acjspres at aol.com
Wed Apr 19 10:04:32 PDT 2006

In 1962 in Fort Worth we made $45 for a three or four hour gig. Today in
Phoenix I get $100 a man for a 45 min to one hour show.

But we do play every week (Sundays) at a club for $50 a man. The gig is for
a quartet but we usually have 2 to 4 friends sitting in and a plethora of
swing  dancers joining in. We get a lot of decent gigs from this weekly event.

For a corporate gig we get $200 per man.

"We are  confronted with insurmountable opportunities"....Pogo

Joe Hopkins
AZ  Classic Jazz Society Vice-President
Jazz Clarinet...52nd Street Jazz Band  602-810-5888 or 480-396-6798
_www.azclassicjazz.org_ (http://www.azaclassicjazz.org/)